Listed below are 7 things guaranteed to help you lose weight. They are things we have heard before, but I think it's good to remind ourselves of how easy losing weight can actually be. I printed this off and taped it on my kitchen cabinet. Why not the fridge? Because it would get lost among the calendar, appt cards and Brayden art. On the cabinet, it's sure to stand out every day. I got these tips from http://10way.blogspot.com/. They have other great life changing tips too.
1. Drink Ice cold water - Okay I know you already know this and you probably already know ice cold water makes your body burn fat to heat the ice cold water back up to body temp, but I keep saying drink water because… A lot of people still don’t drink enough water. If you want to lose weight fast… Stop wasting your money on ugly fat-weight gainers like coffee, soda, and juices and pick up a FREE magical weight loss drink called water
2. Eat Peppered beef jerky - I can’t explain any science behind this one, but every time I eat peppered beef jerky I seem to shred a little fat and I think this is due to the spices they put in the beef jerky and some studies show that spicy foods increase your metabolism and there’s also enough protein in beef jerky to help curb your appetite
3. Kill your cravings - Eating lots of protein (nuts, jerky, fish, and chicken) raw veggies and water will kill your appetite. I promise you the sooner you get used to eating raw veggies you will stop craving for all the junk foods that made you fat in the first place.
4. Drink green tea - Hate drinking water all the time? Then sip on some green tea to increase your metabolism to burn more fat.
5. Limit carbs - This is really an emergency weight loss trick. If you stop eating carbs (or limit your carbs) you can lose 5 lbs or more real quick by burning up all the stored carbs in your body. You have about 1 pound of carbs stored in your body and each pound stored in your body has 3-4 lbs of water attached to it. So if you burn up the stored carbs in your body… The 5 lbs of water will burn up with it
6. Do something in the morning – Wake up and break a sweat for 30min in the morning. I know you hate to exercise but if you do it first thing in the morning guess what… Your body will ONLY BURN FAT because since you haven’t eaten anything yet… Your body has no choice but to feed off the stored FAT in your body for energy.
7. Walk for 10 minutes after you eat – Your body burns calories to digest the food you eat and if you walk for 10 minutes after you eat you will increase the amount of calories you burn during digestion and get his… If you eat three times a day you will easily get the 30 minutes of activity you need to lose weight (3 meals x 10 minute walks after each meal).
Monday, February 26, 2007
Every year, Bobby and myself join about 30 other people and go on a 2 day canoe/camping trip. Well, we are a lttile more than 30 days away from the event and I'm light years away from my desired weight. I've done really good this week, but I admit I could have done better. I'm going back to counting calories. It's really the only thing that has truly given me quick results. My goal is to lose 15 lbs by March 30th. Ok, so I know that's a little agressive... but I know I can do it if I just put everything I have into it. I weighed in at a whopping 231 this morning. I've got to, got to, got to, got to do this!!! I'll be posting my intake again as well. So wish me luck....here I go again.