Sunday, June 03, 2012
Wednesday, April 25, 2012
For now, no new "news". I am finishing up my third semester of nursing school, Baylee finishing up middle school and Brian has a few months before he is 100% done with paramedic school! Things have been stressful but thankfully we are going on a cruise in less than three weeks. We didn't really need to spend the money but boy oh boy do we need a break!
Well back to studying! I have my last chapter test tomorrow and my final next week! I will try to do a post about my third semester journey...after I see that final grade! :)
Sunday, February 26, 2012
I may or may not have mentioned it before but I have wanted to do travel nursing for a long time. I also would love to teach...and work with veterans and I have a passion for wanting to work in the mission field! That being said...I want to be a nurse in the medical missionary field. Yup...that is what I want to do one day.
I would love to work at the VA to work with Veterans. When Baylee graduates I would like to become a travel nurse & perhaps when I get tired of traveling I would like to teach nursing. However, I would LOVE to volunteer in the medical missionary field as often as I can in between travel nursing and/or school semesters if I am teaching!
Feels good to FINALLY "know".
Friday, January 27, 2012
We also had a couple of ladies this week who didn't pass their third round of their math test who face having to leave the program. They are so smart and will make great nurses but nerves just got the best of them. It has been hard because I know what they are going through adn it is a horrible feeling. I am hoping that the ones that make the deciscions provide them mercy today but I also know it is in God's hands and he has a plan for everyone!
It was also bittersweet because the hospital we toured yesterday I had three friends have babies there. One friend no longer lives here and I miss her! The other I am still friends with but we just don't talk very often because of life circumstances & sadly seems we drifted some but hopefully that isn't the case! The third is hard to explain really...I don't really know what happended to us tho I have said my sorry's and forgave them even without them asking and feel like we are at a clean slate but our relationship just has no momentum right now so I am not sure if that is a God thing or what but I will continue to pray about it. Truthfully, God takes people in and out of our lives for a reason and if they are meant to be back in our lives it will happen and if not then we can only remember the good times.
Well....guess I better get off of her....gotta get up and get a few things done because we are going with Baylee's Show Choir on a field trip today to an out of town competition and won't be back until late tonight! I am going to try to record the show and will post here later!
Happy Friday everyone!
Monday, January 23, 2012
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Monday, August 09, 2010
Monday, July 26, 2010
Thursday, July 15, 2010
Friday, July 09, 2010
Tuesday, June 01, 2010
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Nursing school applications 1 and 2 were sent today. I have one more to send February 1st. I won't know anything until April or May and that is a loooonnnngggg wait but there isn't much I can do at this point except pray!!
Saturday, January 09, 2010
Friday, January 08, 2010
In my journey to return to nursing school I have been very interested in reading about other nursing students stories. I have found many places online where people have written about their experiences. I also have found many video blogs. One of my favorites can be found here. I just like that she gives you a feel of what it all really feels like. Please remember when reading this blog or any other nursing school students blog that what we say is not necessarily what you will experience. Every school is different and every students experience is different. I do plan to get a video blog up and going but those videos will be posted here. Sometimes I just want to write so that will continue here as well. I might not have any followers when it comes to the nursing school info but I like having this kind of as my journal of what is going on with me. It will be neat after I graduate nursing school to look back and show what I have experienced. I think it might be interesting to have this where my daughter (and maybe any future children) can read my thoughts through this process! Mainly this is for me BUT if anyone is here reading this...welcome!
Getting Ready To Apply
- Many nursing schools have pre-regs that you have to take before you apply. It is different for each program. In our area, the LPN program does not require pre-regs but the ADN program does. I will be going towards the ADN program. The ones that I am applying for require at least an ACT of 18 or above. It also requires A&P I & A&PII and Intro to Sociology.
- I have an ACT score higher than 18 - CHECK!
- I have taken A&PI and A&PII - CHECK! (Side note: I took both of these online. At the time I was working full time. I wish looking back that I would have not taking A&PII online but each person is different! Mine could have been because of being so tired after working all day.)
- I have taken Intro to Sociology - CHECK!
- At one school I can apply between now and March 31st.
- At another school I can apply between February 1st and March 31st.
- Some people have school loyalty. I have several friends who only want to apply at one school or another and that is perfectly fine. Don't let anyone talk you into doing anything else! You have to do what makes you happy. If you want to only apply at one...apply at one! If you want to apply at several...apply at several! You have to do what makes you happy as this is your life! :)
- We have two local colleges which have the ADN program. I do plan on applying at both colleges in order to increase my chances because it is tough to get in to nursing school! I have actually attended both and I feel they are probably pretty equal.
Other Application Information
- After you get accepted into the nursing program it says (at our two schools) you will be required to take CPR for HealthCare Providers. You aren't required to take this until after you are accepted but I do plan on taking it this Saturday so that I can send it in with my application. It may not help me at all that I already have it but I don't think it will hurt to try. :)
- Another requirement is NET (Nurse/Nursing Entrance Exam). Again, this is not required before applying...it is only required after you have been accepted but I am toying with beginning to study and taking this early. We shall see.
So...I guess that is it for now! :)