Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Monday, August 09, 2010
Monday, July 26, 2010
Thursday, July 15, 2010
Friday, July 09, 2010
Tuesday, July 06, 2010
*Sigh* Even though she tends to be a little wild I have always liked Lindsey Lohan as an actress. Today she goes to Court and is upset to know that she is sentenced to 90 days in jail. I just don't get it. She has it all fame, fortune, beauty, and she just can't seem to get it together. She says in court that she learned her lesson but shouldn't she have learned it after the first time? I don't know. I just don't get it. I guess all the above mentioned (fame, fortune, etc.) really just isn't enough. I am not sure what it is about these talented actresses and actors. I don't know if it is the lack of "real" friends in their lives or just the stress of fame that causes them to make such poor decisions. Either that or maybe they thing they are invincible. I really hope after this she really does straighten her life out.
Saturday, June 26, 2010
Once I finish typing this post I will begin loading my car. My daughter and I are leaving this morning to meet my dad and family in Orlando. We are going to spend a week at Disney. I believe that this is most of their first time. It is Baylee's second trip and my 5th. We are very excited. The only two things I have been a little concerned about are the two girls getting along all week. They are both sweet but both used to being only children. :o) Other than that, I worry how things are going to go at the parks because as you know in a big group not everyone is interested in the same things. My family is pretty great so I really don't see this as a worry! They are going to want everyone to do what makes them happy.
The most exciting news is after 49 days of not seeing my hubby - HE IS FLYING IN TO ORLANDO ON HIS LEAVE TIME TO VISIT WITH BAYLEE AND I! We are so very excited about it. Now to any other military family 49 days may not seem like a long time but this is the longest we have gone without seeing each other since his last deployment. Also, we are excited because when his unit began this journey we really were not sure that we would get to see them again before they returned from their deployment in the Spring of 2011. So this is just a blessing in disguise. I was actually going to come home and he fly here but he said he would rather come there so he can get some good quality alone time with Baylee. This will be officially the last time he sees her until next year!
Well I guess I better close this out and begin to load the car! My family things we won't be there until tomorrow but the truth is we will be there only a few hours after they arrive this afternoon!
Saturday, June 19, 2010
Friday, June 18, 2010
If you could see my face today...you would know that
<-----this is what I look like. I am so glad that people want to support our troops...which is great! However, at what point do the wives get supported. I guess today I was more hurt than aggravated at a response I got. I mentioned how bad I was hurting having my sweet husband gone. After all, he and I have a wonderful relationship and he is truly my best friend. I am so glad people are praying for him and I am so glad they miss him. I guess it is just hurtful to me that no one wants to just come out and say...we are praying for you and Baylee or we are sorry that you are so sad. I guess one thing that maybe others don't understand is Brian was not called to go on this deployment. His Cuba deployment his HAD to go no questions asked. However, this deployment he along with all the brave men and women in his unit volunteered to go! I don't say this to take away from what they are doing because I think it is amazing but I do just wish people would be more supportive to the wives of our troops. I can stand here and support him forever but at some point I will need to be supported as well.
Thursday, June 17, 2010
Tuesday, June 01, 2010
Friday, May 28, 2010
For now...treatment is birth control and glucophage (anti-diabetic drug). I also will be on a semi-diabetic diet. We shall see!!! I am sad that I have this but glad to finally have answers.
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Sunday, May 16, 2010
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Nursing school applications 1 and 2 were sent today. I have one more to send February 1st. I won't know anything until April or May and that is a loooonnnngggg wait but there isn't much I can do at this point except pray!!
Saturday, January 09, 2010
Friday, January 08, 2010
In my journey to return to nursing school I have been very interested in reading about other nursing students stories. I have found many places online where people have written about their experiences. I also have found many video blogs. One of my favorites can be found here. I just like that she gives you a feel of what it all really feels like. Please remember when reading this blog or any other nursing school students blog that what we say is not necessarily what you will experience. Every school is different and every students experience is different. I do plan to get a video blog up and going but those videos will be posted here. Sometimes I just want to write so that will continue here as well. I might not have any followers when it comes to the nursing school info but I like having this kind of as my journal of what is going on with me. It will be neat after I graduate nursing school to look back and show what I have experienced. I think it might be interesting to have this where my daughter (and maybe any future children) can read my thoughts through this process! Mainly this is for me BUT if anyone is here reading this...welcome!
Getting Ready To Apply
- Many nursing schools have pre-regs that you have to take before you apply. It is different for each program. In our area, the LPN program does not require pre-regs but the ADN program does. I will be going towards the ADN program. The ones that I am applying for require at least an ACT of 18 or above. It also requires A&P I & A&PII and Intro to Sociology.
- I have an ACT score higher than 18 - CHECK!
- I have taken A&PI and A&PII - CHECK! (Side note: I took both of these online. At the time I was working full time. I wish looking back that I would have not taking A&PII online but each person is different! Mine could have been because of being so tired after working all day.)
- I have taken Intro to Sociology - CHECK!
- At one school I can apply between now and March 31st.
- At another school I can apply between February 1st and March 31st.
- Some people have school loyalty. I have several friends who only want to apply at one school or another and that is perfectly fine. Don't let anyone talk you into doing anything else! You have to do what makes you happy. If you want to only apply at one...apply at one! If you want to apply at several...apply at several! You have to do what makes you happy as this is your life! :)
- We have two local colleges which have the ADN program. I do plan on applying at both colleges in order to increase my chances because it is tough to get in to nursing school! I have actually attended both and I feel they are probably pretty equal.
Other Application Information
- After you get accepted into the nursing program it says (at our two schools) you will be required to take CPR for HealthCare Providers. You aren't required to take this until after you are accepted but I do plan on taking it this Saturday so that I can send it in with my application. It may not help me at all that I already have it but I don't think it will hurt to try. :)
- Another requirement is NET (Nurse/Nursing Entrance Exam). Again, this is not required before applying...it is only required after you have been accepted but I am toying with beginning to study and taking this early. We shall see.
So...I guess that is it for now! :)
Tuesday, January 05, 2010
I actually have been a SAHM for almost 3 weeks now but with Brian working out of town and all the holidays this is my actual "first" week of testing it out. I don't start school until next week so I am tyring to get alot done over the next week and the weekend. I will be at school Tuesdays & Thursdays. I will be home Monday/Wednesday/Friday and everyday I will be home by the time my 6th grader gets home from school.
I have gotten mixed responses about my decision. I have learned that some people sure can be hypocritical. For whatever reason it is okay if some people want to be SAHM but not others. This is the second time I have tried this and for the second time a few people kind of turn their nose up about it. Oh well. I won't complain because I know I am doing what is the best for me and my family and most importantly doing what God has called me to do. I love them anyway and they have their right to their opinion but I do hope that they end up realizing how much of a good thing this is. It has been only two days and I am in love! I have been brought to tears twice with emotion! Ha! I am a crier...what can I say!
I am able to do things I wasn't able to do when I was a working mom. We now have time for me to get up and actually fix breakfast for the whole family and us all sit down at the table together to eat! I fix my husbands lunch, take my daughter to school when I need to, do chores around the house that were always put on the backburner. My favorite part is that at this time usually I would still be at work and could possibly be there another 30 minutes. YET I am now at home COOKING dinner!! A dinner that won't have to be picked up at a fast food resturaunt because we are too late getting home to a cook and a dinner that will be eaten together at the table because we aren't too tired to eat there!
I know for you that are already SAHM moms this probably isn't a big deal but from a working woman with no time for her family this is awesome! I will be able to spend more time with Brian before he deploys, be with my daughter more and do what I need to do to finish nursing school!