Tuesday, May 02, 2006

I Need My Space People!!!

I am a touch feely person. I hug just about everyone. I don't usually get bothered by people "invading" my space. However there are two instances that really bother me: #1 Please don't talk TWO inches from my face. Why does anyone need to be that close? I mean really? #2 Please don't stand two inches from me while I am waiting in line. Last night #2 happened. I was waiting in line at the store with TWO things in my hand. There was a lady behind me who stood at the front right hand side of her buggy - she was standing DIRECTLY behind me - I could feel her breathing on my neck. THEN she pushed her buggy up so far it is LITERALLY pressed against my leg! What was that about? I was keeping my composure but I tell you what this really pushed my buttons! Okay. Feel. Better. Now. Just. Had. To. Vent. Now on to more important things...

On my side bar (right above my pictures) I will add a list called "Columns I Join" and so far I will have a link up to Works-For-Me Wednesday (Hosted by Shannon @ Rocks In My Dryer) and On The Menu Monday (Hosted by Traci @ Mostly Precious Moments). The most current one will be linked every week until the new one comes out - hence I will change the Wednesday one on Wednesdays and the Monday one on Mondays. Each of the "host" will have a links to others that are participating under their post. I encourage you all to participate! It is awesome!

So I will leave you with something I received in an email this morning:


When I Whine
~~~~~~~
Today, upon a bus, I saw a girl with golden hair
I looked at her and sighed and wished I was as fair.
When suddenly she rose to leave,
I saw her hobble down the aisle.
She had one leg and used a crutch
But as she passed, she passed a smile.
Oh, God, forgive me when I whine
I have 2 legs, the world is mine.
~~~
I stopped to buy some candy
The lad who sold it had such charm
I talked with him a while, he seemed so very glad
If I were late, it'd do no harm.
And as I left, he said to me,
"I thank you, you've been so kind.
It's nice to talk with folks like you.
You see," he said, "I'm blind."
Oh, God, forgive me when I whine.
I have 2 eyes, the world is mine.
~~~
Later while walking down the street,
I saw a child with eyes of blue
He stood and watched the others play
He did not know what to do.
I stopped a moment and then I said,
"Why don't you join the others, dear?"
He looked ahead without a word.
And then I knew, he couldn't hear.
Oh, God, forgive me when I whine.
I have 2 ears, the world is mine.
~~~
With feet to take me where I'd go.
With eyes to see the sunset's glow.
With ears to hear what I would know.
Oh, God, forgive me when I whine.
I've been blessed indeed, The world is mine.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorrow looks back,
Worry looks around,
Faith looks up.

4 comments:

Traci said...

Love the poem! I needed that today. I've been whining a lot lately! As for the personal space, I am right there with you. As bad as this is, I probably would have slowly stepped back and then said oh excuse me, I didn't realize you were standing so close. That way it's appears to be my fault and yet I get to tell her in a round-about way - Hey lady, back up!

Anonymous said...

OH MY! You changed clothes and got a new address. {I will update!} Great poem! I will back soon to read all at this lovely new place. Do you know where I can get a roundtoit ???
~Hugs Sent~

Desiree said...

I am with you on the need of personnal space - I don't know why some will crowd as the lady at the store did. You should have feigned sneezing and coughing - that will always buy a bit of physical space. (or simply ask if she could give a bit of breathing room - though, I would expect the average person that does crowd others to respond in a very defensive, argumentive way to a request for them to allow some breathing room). Actually... I like Traci's idea - of backing slowly and accidently bumping into the woman that is too close.

Joe said...

Great post girl! have a good hump day!