Saturday, June 17, 2006

Good Times


Good Evening - Happy Father's Day - Almost anyway! Ha! Thought I would come in and do a quick post. In the mood for posting! I had one of the best nights I have had in a very long time! Wow! I know it doesn't sound like much but my husband, myself, our daughter, her friend, and 3 friends of ours came over for the afternoon/night. We started out the evening by going father's day shopping - yes late I know! Then we came back home and ate our "first" serving of gumbo that I had worked on preparing for hours! IT was SO good! I was so impressed with myself! :-) I am a "okay" kinda cook. Every once in awhile I get something right and "baam!" it is good. Through out the night we each had at least one more bowl. Then we fought with the ice cream maker and finally had home made ice cream - twice! Ha! We laughed for hours on end - until I had tears in my eyes. Afterwards, we watched a movie and now they have just left.

"So what was so good about that night?", you ask. It is the fact that I got to sit around with my friends, in the comfort of my own home and enjoy myself and "really relax" for the first time in a long time. I really think - and know from what they told me a few minutes ago before they left - that we all had one of the best nights we have had in a long time. Today I am grateful for good friends and good times.

4 comments:

Charla said...

Sounds like my kind of night, just sitting around with family and relaxing! I love homemade icecream too! My parents used to make it all the time when I was younger! Take care!

Charla

PS, I'm Charla by the way..lol..I'm not sure how I came across your blog, but here I am! :) Feel free to stop by mine anytime! :)

Michelle said...

Hey Tiff-- I am glad that you had a good evening and I so understand why you did. Family and friends being around is so important, and being able to enjoy there time without a huge function for entertainment makes it real to me. Take care and I look forward to talking to you soon.

Anonymous said...

Sending R-A-I-N and Hugs your way. Love the banner. So glad you had a good-friend-night. They are quite special. Blog friends are too. I am so glad you are! :-}

Courtney said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog:) I'm glad I found yours!
Courtney