Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Works For Me Wednesday & Sad News

WORKS FOR ME WEDNESDAY

My works for me Wednesday this week is a short and sweet one. To make your car smell nice in the summer time you can do one of two things very cheap! If you have any half used or melted candles - you can put them in a plastic grocery bag and tie the bag up and place under the seat of your car. For a stronger smell you can place it in some sort of plastic bowl etc without the lid and when your car heats up from the summer sun it fills your car with a wonderful smell! The second is to do the same thing but use a bar of soap - the kind with fragrance. I know short and sweet!

SAD NEWS

The first thing is one of my grandmothers passed away last night. It was expected and we know she is no longer in pain but hard on the family none the less. Please keep our family in your prayers.

Also, recently I had two very close friends hurt me. It was quite possibly unintentional. I am not mad but just hurt. After I was confronted I prayed about it and then decided to respond with honesty about how I felt about the situation. More over I just asked that we all just try to start over on a clean slate and life is too short and too hard for friendship to be a "competition" or for friendship not to be "50/50" in the giving department. I am not asking for a big explaination. I would love just to hear for once from both of them "I am sorry I hurt you and lets ALL work on this together and get our friendship back in order." We have been friends since Jr. High so it makes it tough. Anyway, I haven't heard back which makes me sad but you can only do so much. I want to contact them but I am not going to beg anyone to be my friend. If they want to be then I will just pray that they will try to see my side and confront me and lets move on from this. I would love to have them over this weekend and lets just relax and start fresh but I see no way of that happening unless they get back with me first.

So the sadness of both of these things is overwhelming today.

9 comments:

Beck said...

I'm sorry to hear about your rough times. Losing someone you love - whether through death or the loss of a friendship - is so hard. I do like your tip, though. Thank you for posting that.

Mom2fur said...

I'm sorry about your grandmother. We lost my mil last year after a long illness which affected her both mentally and physically. I know what you mean when you say it was expected, but I also know that doesn't make it hurt any less. There really does seem to be a void when you lose someone you love.
Regarding your friends, I hope they come around and realize they hurt you.

Mama Duck said...

I'm sorry about your grandmother. Wonderful tip though.

Susie said...

Hi Tiff,
Thanks for visiting me :-)
I'm so very sorry for the loss of your Grandma. You'll be in my prayers...

Traci said...

Hey cuz! It's times like these that make me wish I lived closer. But since I don't, I'm reaching out and giving you a big hug. My prayers are with you! Love ya! (see ya in a couple of weeks)

BTW - I love this tip. I'm going to take the remainder of my Clean Cotton Yankee Candle and try it out.

joyfuljourney said...

I am sorry for your heartache. We were set with eternity in our hearts, so death seems so "unnatural" for us. We grow up never imagining the day will come when a grandparent is gone, but it really happens, and life goes on - just like they would have wanted.

Betrayal is rough. Only those we let in - close to our hearts - have the ability to betray us. God's blessings on your friendships!

Thanks for the great tips!

Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

just dropping by to say HI... sorry work is madness....!

Joe said...

Hey girl sorry about your grandma. Prayers for you family and your friends!

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read »