Friday, April 20, 2007

Life Happens

I know I always come back and PROMISE I will be up and blogging again. I decided this time...no promises! We have been busy and well...times have been hard but things will eventually slow down...I suppose anyway. My cuz and one of my best friends Traci and a friend of mine that recently started a blog Holly...made me want to get back into blogging again. I had started using "My Space" last year...but not really doing alot of blogging. That took up alot of my time but I am kind of over it. I will keep up with alot of people there and check in occasionally but not as often as I had before. All in all ... i miss my blogging time here. I miss my blog friends!!

I am again going to copy something from Traci...I am just going to list what all has happened to me since...well November. I can elaborate on more if you like and I am sure I will eventually but for now I am just playing catch up!

  • Thanksgiving - my whole family on my dad's side came to visit and all of us for the most part spent the whole week at my grandmothers. We decided to make this a new tradition. It was so nice...I saw people I haven't seen in years...most importantly my dad! It was so nice...we have a good relationship (in my opinion) it is like we can just pick up where we left off and there is not real akwardness...I was a daddy's girl for sure! :-)
  • Christmas - this was kind of a blur to me! We have so much family that it is hard to keep up!! WHEW! All in all it went very well!!
  • Baylee had her whole cheerleading team over to the house for a slumber party and they had a blast! Those girls crack me up!
  • I got rear-ended on the way to work...the next week my husband got rear-ended on the way to work!
  • My husbands grandfather (he was very close to him) got very sick after Christmas and on March 1st went to Heaven.
  • A few weeks after this my husband's brother was in a 4-wheeler accident and remains in the hospital today. He is much better than he was but it will take lots of therapy to get back to normal.
  • My husbands grandmother (that was married to the grandfather that passed away) is now in the hospital fighting cancer.
  • I learned how to say "no more" and walk away.
  • I learned that I am stronger than I thought I was.
  • I learned you can be nice to someone without them taking away your sense of self worth.
  • My washing machine broke.
  • My fuel pump went out but now it is fixed! Yeah!
  • I am coaching Baylee's softball team and loving it!
  • She decided she hates gymnastics and never wants to go back...fine by me.
  • Side note to above...I usually don't let her quit things but I didn't feel she was learning anything especially considering what we were paying...plus she really did cry everytime I took her because she hated it...even though she misses her friends that go there.
  • I am on the planning committe for my 10 year reunion - I am so excited to see everyone!!
  • This is the sad part...my hubby and my best friends hubby will both be deployed this year. We don't know exactly when they will leave but sometime between now and the end of summer...keep them in your thoughts and prayers!!!

So that is all for now...well I am sure there is more but that is all I have time for anyway. I will try to keep update more...but no promises!! Talk to you soon!!

4 comments:

Brenda said...

You sure have been busy. Life seems to do that to us sometimes. I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's grandparents, I know how heartbreaking it is to lose someone you love and to see them suffer through illness.

Great to see you here again!

The Family Bond said...

you know, tiff, promises are made to be broken! :)

H. Bond

Anonymous said...

welcome back and Wow, that's a lot of stuff going on since Nov!!

Desiree said...

Hi Tiff, I did look at my sidebar to see if I had a current link to your blog and found I did. Oh my you have been going through a lot lately! No bloody wonder you have been out of blogging... life is too hectic!

Sorry to hear you hubby will be deployed, that must weigh heavily ojn you.

That you and your hubby got rear-ended so close together in time surely does BITE!

Take care girl, hope things slow down a bit for you.