Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Stop This Ride...I want OOOOFFFF!!!

This morning I compared my life to being locked in the back seat of a car and someone throwing a brick on the gas pedal...and off I go! It seems it has been this way for months. As I said in my previous post my husband's grandfather passed away about 7 weeks ago...Monday night his grandmother passed away. I am torn in my feelings about this. I just keep thinking she is in such a better place but yet I know how much she will be missed here. The only thing that gives me reassurance is she told us last Sunday, "I am in a win/win situation. Either the cancer will be healed or I will be going to heaven to be with Granddaddy."

I am ready for things in my life to start slowing down...and I know it will. I know God never gives us more than we can handle and I am just trying to hold my head high!

We all have our hard times and I know that we will all make it through!

2 comments:

Desiree said...

It sounds like your husbands Grandmother was ready for things either way... when someone that is dying says something like that it does make it easier to accept their fate, I think.

I really hope the winds of change back off of you for a while, sounds like you have had enough change.

The Family Bond said...

You know Tiff, sometimes God calms you and sometimes He calms the storm around you. After wondering in the desert for years and the people turning from God, Moses was so discouraged and asked God to "show him His Glory". And He did. Ask Him to part the waters and "show you His glory" He will but be sure to look for it. Third Day's song "Show Me your Glory" testifies to that. HB