Wednesday, December 31, 2008

TTC #2


Well it is that time again!! Brian and I have one beautiful daughter - Baylee - she will be *gulp* 11 years old in April!! In the last 9+ years we haven't "prevented" pregnancy but we haven't exactly been trying either. Last year when Brian returned from deployment we decided (finally we were on the same page!) to ttc #2. We tried for several months until my grandmother passed away. We slacked off some for a few months and around the time we started back found out my SIL was pregnant. She is in her late 30's and being her first child I talked to my husband and we decided to wait until the first of the year tomorrow before we start ttc again. This gives her time to experience her first pregnancy without being compared to others. Also, my first pregnancy was hard as I didn't get to experience it with my "husband". My first husband was killed in a car wreck while I was pregnant with Baylee. My husband (now) adores Baylee and is in the process of adopting her. She adores him and knows she has one daddy in heaven and one on earth. After all, we have been together since she was 15 months old and he is the only daddy she has ever known. So back to the story - not only to give her time to enjoy her pregnancy but the same for us. This will be the first pregnancy that I would be able to share with someone and actually been my husbands first pregnancy to go through as well.

So - starting tomorrow Jan. 1st - we are back in the ttc challenge! Yes I DO mean challenge! Ha! I have always been irregular and was told by doctors that they were surprised I was even able to conceive Baylee. A couple of weeks ago I had a doctor's appointment that was very discouraging. Basically, I was told that they did not think I could conceive any more children. Some of it may be my weight but most of it is the fact that I have always had issued even when I was a size 5! Brian and I decided - doctors are NOT God. We are going to start this year out right. Getting in shape, bbt, vitamins, etc. Then we will go from there! We are going to try for about 6 months and after that point we will talk again and decide if we want to continue to try. Alot of it has to do with our kiddos will already be 11/12 years apart and we really don't want them to be any further in age.

More later...

2 comments:

K Storm said...

Honey, I didn't know you had started blogging again until you commented on HB's the other day. I am gonna remember you in my prayers...let me know how you are doing.

T!ff@ny said...

Yes just recently. I decided I missed doing it and like to get my thoughts out there sometimes! :-)