Wednesday, March 11, 2009

WFMW: Fast Meal Tips



So ladies (& guys??) this is a quick and easy tip (and not originally my idea but can't remember where I got it from - if it is you please let me know so I can give proper credit!). Sorry I haven't put too much effort into it this week. I have been sick and my brain just isn't functioning like it should!!

My tip is pick things that your family may like that you can have on hand for several different meals. You can cook it and freeze it ahead of time so when you are in a crunch (or haven't made that dreaded trip to the grocery store), you always have something on hand.

For example, taco meat (browned, seasoned and frozen - just defrost and look at the possibilities:

  1. Nacho Omelets for Breakfast
  2. Meat for tator skins
  3. Quesadillas
  4. Put on biscuits and add cheese for a quick snack/lunch
  5. Tortilla Pizza
  6. Mexican Sloppy Joe
  7. Add to melted block of Velveeta
  8. Tortilla roll ups
  9. Add to Chili
  10. Add to Soup
  11. Add to Meatloaf
  12. Short on hamburger meat for burgers - add to that!
  13. Add to a box of macaroni & cheese for a quick meal that kids love in a crunch!
  14. Add w/spaghetti sauce
  15. Out of shells but have lettuce...taco salad!

Just a few ideas of what to do in a pinch!

2 comments:

Jodee said...

Thanks for stopping by today!

Browning meat ahead of time and freezing it is a great idea! In fact, we did it this week with taco meat and made enchiladas. It was easy peasy!

Sharon said...

Great idea! I hate when I need some ground beef and I've forgotten to take it out of the freezer ahead of time to thaw. Having it already browned in the freezer would save a lot of frustration.