Wednesday, March 25, 2009

WFMW: Soft Feet & Fixing Squeaks!

I have been a blog slacker this past week so I thought what better way to get back in the swing of things that participating in WFMW!! I actually have two for one this week considering I could not think of a THING last week! So here you go!!!

Soft Feet
I actually learned this one from my mom. When you don't have time to give yourself a good pedicure and/or go get one....you can rub Vaseline real good on your dry heals and put on a pair of socks and wear them while you are getting ready (and even in the car if you can) and right before you get to your "sandal/flip-flop" wearing event you take them off and your feet look good enough to last you for the whole day. I took this one step further. With the weather changing back and forth one day we wear flip-flops the next we wear socks/shoes. SO...I rub Vaseline on my heals and put on a pair of socks before bed.
Fixing Squeaks!
If you are like me you probalby can never find where your husband left the WD40. Well while my husband was deployed I was having trouble with the lock/key in the front door and of course I had NO idea where the WD40 was. I had a "light bulb" idea and decided to use cooking spray and *baam* worked like a charm. Since then anytime I have a squeaky door that needs a quick fix I pull out the cooking spray!

6 comments:

TidyMom said...

GREAT tips!! Thanks!!

~TidyMom

Lana said...

Great idea!

Thanks for stopping in, come by anytime!

Blessings,
Lana

www.ilovemy5kids.blogspot.com

K Storm said...

Sounds good!

You know what someone once told me about the feet...if you rub Vicks VaporRub on them it is like a spa treatment with the menthol! I tried it once...not bad.

T!ff@ny said...

Ahhh...I have heard something like that about Vicks VaporRub...hmmm...will have to try it!

Emily said...

I wish the cooking spray would work for the squeaks in the floorboards under my living room carpet....LOL!

T!ff@ny said...

Hahah Emily!!! Oh so true! That would be awesome! :-)