Thursday, November 30, 2006

I Woke Up In The Morgue

I was surfing the television the other night and I came across a show called "I Woke up In The Morgue". Did anyone else get the privilege of seeing this show? I tell you what it was some scary stuff! These people had a condition called catalepsy. Basically, they would just pass out and have no signs of life but they could feel and hear everything that was going on around them. One lady got taken to a morgue THREE different times because they thought she was dead!!! I would FREAK out. This lady was completely conscious of where she was and what was going on and one day was out for THREE days closed in a dark room with dead bodies. It is amazing the kinds of conditions people can have that we don't even know about. I told my husband I wonder how many people were embalmed or buried alive because of this condition. This is SO scary to me! The thought of it! Yikes!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot be subjected to a show like that unless I plan on having nightmares. I can't even imagine.

Anonymous said...

I show the show and was shocked by it, to say the least. My sister had narcolepsy when she was younger and the thougt of someting happeing to her like that is unimaginable. That poor lady on tv. I hope it doesn't happen for a fourth time.

Desiree said...

I did not see the show... but I find it amazing, to say the least that with no heartbeat and no breathing for as long as it takes to prep a body for the morgue & get it there that they'd be able to 'come back'. I guess I am a skeptic due to what I've seen in hospital.

Anonymous said...

I am watching this show in HK tonite, my family member has this condition and it's really scary when it happens.

Anonymous said...

Looks like your corner is turning all, uhhh, adult-like. Spammers are getting to you. Adam and I were talking about you the other day - just the fact that we met and now we hardly keep in touch, so I thought I would send a shout-out to let you know that I've been thinking about you...

Anonymous said...

The condition is cataplexy, catalepsy is a different thing.

Anonymous said...

In the US you have no need to worry about being declared dead during a cataplexy episode. Patients are monitored for brain activity before declaring they are dead, these standard measures clearly show if patient are still alive and mentally functioning. The scary episodes happened many years ago, or in countries where the medical standards are different. Not to worry.