Friday, March 03, 2006

Food Finds

Just some foods and drinks that I have found that are good low calorie choices:

Listed in this format:
Food(linked to website)/Where I buy them/Calories


Pastry Twists - Wal-Mart/60 per twist
These are yuummmy! Brayden and Bobby like them too, so I have to buy enough to share.

High Protein Fruit Drink - Internet/70 per packet and 16g of protein T
These are the drinks I used to have to buy when I joined the local "weight loss center". I've just now realized I can buy them online. The wild berry is my favorite. The WLC recommended 3 a day, but I'm planning to do 2 a day. I definetly need to get more protein in and this is a great way to do it.

Edy's Light and No Sugar Added Ice Cream - Wal-Mart/90-130 per 1/2 cup
I've mentioned these before, but they are worth mentioning again. I've only had the Light, but it is awesome, so I'm guessing the other has to be pretty good also.

Eggo Toaster Swirlz - Wal-Mart/120 (1 set of 4)
These are a great fix for the sweet tooth. There are lots of other choices on the Eggo site that are low in calorie (the key is eating only what the serving is)

1/3 Less Sugar Cereals - WM/120 for 1 & 1/4 cups
I loooovee cereal. I always thought that I needed to give it up if I was trying to los weight. What I need to give up is eating 2 huge full bowls of it. (please tell me I'm not the only one??) The serving you get for 120 calories is actually quite a lot. Add 1 C 2% milk and you only have a total of 245 calories. I love to eat the Fruit Loops w/o milk for a afternoon snack also.

Frozen Vegetables - WM / 60-110 per cup
Both Birsdeye and Green Giant make some great vegetable "side dishes". I can eat 2 servings of these vegetables for dinner and be stuffed and stay under 200 calories. I really like vegetables but hate the chore of making fresh veggies tasty without adding a bunch of oil or butter.

No comments: