Monday, March 27, 2006

I have a Personal Trainer!!

So, I'm gettting ready this morning and I turn on our Christian radio station. (you can listen live on the internet here - it's awesome) They are having their day of Praise and Prayer today. Basically people call in and talk about what God has done for them. The common thread was "God did it, I couldn't have done it with Him, I had to let Him take control." So let's just say I had a bit of a "come to Jesus" meeting this morning. It's like he was screaming "Let go, Let me - you cannot do this alone, but I can do it through you". I am sick of doing this alone. I can't do this alone, so here is my prayer for today and everyday from here on out.

Jesus, my Lord and Savior. As of today, I am turning this over to you. Push me aside and take this thing head on. Help me to conquer my addictions to food and give me the drive that I need to get the exercise program back on track. It is not your will that I be fat and miserable. It is your will that I be healthy and happy! Let Your will be done God. I give this to you. I am just going to sit back and let you move in this situation. I've said it before, but the control freak in me just can't let go. Forgive me for not trusting in you enough to let go. I want to let go. Teach me how to let go. I need you pick me up and take me through this. I love you and am believing you for health, strength and happiness. Not only do I want to lose weight, I want to learn to love myself more. Teach me to love myself. Surround me with positive, supportive people that will only build me up. I commit to you today to do whatever it is you speak to me. Amen!

I've said a thousand times that if only I had a personal trainer, I could do this. They could motivate me and be there to hold me acountable. But they are so expensive!

Well, God just spoke to me and said "You do have a Personal Trainer! I've been sitting right here next to you this whole time just waiting for you to call and sign up. The best part is that I am FREE!!! I paid the fee along time ago! I will motivate you. I will hold you accountable. I will teach you and guide you. I will walk with you every step of the way. I am your Personal Trainer! I don't ever close, I'm always here for you"

So I went to Ask.com and decided to type in "What is a personal trainer"?

Here are some excerpts from what I found...

A qualified trainer understands principles of anatomy, physiology...

A certified personal trainer is the difference in a successful fitness program...

A certified personal trainer is proven to be unparalleled in achieving desired fitness levels, increased motivation, and long term wellness...

So I am declaring today that God is my new Personal Trainer!!

2 comments:

Mel said...

A-ha! An epiphany! That's terrific. :)

Mel said...

A-ha! An epiphany! That's terrific. :)