Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Predator Among Us

It has been in the news lately that a sexual offender who was from here, then moved to Missouri, has been in prison and NOW is being released after only 4 months. The bad news is...
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
HE IS MOVING INTO MY NEIGHBORHOOD!!!

It is scary to many of us because it is just a normal middle class neighborhood loaded with kids! Not to mention he will be a neighbor of someone I know! They have at least 3 school buses just for my daughers school. HERE is an article from when he was originally arrested in Missouri and HERE is a link from one of our local news channels.

As a mom of an almost 8 year old I am pretty upset about all of this! What is your take on it? How would you feel?

2 comments:

Desiree said...

I think I too would be very less than happy about his release and locating that close. Time to educate the youngsters if they are not educated on stranger dangers and their safety and too internet safety as it seems very applicable to this person.

JuicyV said...

I think it would be very scary to know someone like that lives right next to you. I would make sure my kids knew what he looked like and maybe even show them the article. You should also check out netsmarz.org which teaches internet safety to parents and children.

It's funny reading this post after just having watched this movie for film study called The Woodsman starring Kevin Bacon as a newly released child molester. It the movie he actually finds redemption and beats up another child molester. It was very distrubing to watch it since it was made from his viewpoint. Certainly not a movie for everyone.

Sorry my comment was so long but thought you might like the info!