Tuesday, December 05, 2006

The Challenge - 8%



I propose a challenge. I know we are setting small goals for now but earlier in the year when I actually lost weight was because I was in the midst of a competition. Here is my challenge:

Lose 8% of our body weight in 3 months. That will be around 21 pounds for me and 18 pounds for you. That gives us 12 weeks to lose that weight. It gives us something to shoot for. It will be hard but I feel it is realistic. A healthy amount of weight to lose is 2lbs a week and in a 12 week time period we both could do it even if we were below this number. Some weeks will be good and some will be bad.

I propose we go back to our weigh-in Wednesdays, also. March 1st can be our "final" weigh in for this 8% challenge. That is a good date because that is close to the beginning of spring and we can reassess our goals before summer. If we don't start now we WON'T feel much better about ourselves before summer!!

Are you up for it?

No comments: