Monday, June 18, 2007

Playing Catch Up!

Hope everyone is doing well!! Things in my life have been a little crazy lately but I thought I would catch everyone up!!

Brian left to go to Cuba. He won't be home until sometime later in the year. That is what we have been told so as long as things go well he will be back by then! We (Baylee and I) are doing okay for now. We have our moments but all and all we are fine. I guess when you are faced with something you just can't change you have to work with it and move on! Plus, it helps that we are always so busy!! He works 12 hour days so I know he is so tired after working he probably doesn't have time to miss us much! Then on his days off they have stuff to keep them busy (bowling, movies, snorkeling, softball). I do hear from him every couple of days.

In the process I have cleaned out closets and gotten rid of SO much junk! I am telling you we had SOOOO much stuff that I was like, "Why did I even keep this?" I still have a ways to go but I really have made a big dent. I feel so much better knowing things are more organized! It helps me feel more organized all together...even at work!

I joined the local YMCA again! I have GOT to get this extra weight off of me! So many people I know have died (even in their 30's) from heart attacks and I don't want to be one! So I joined the gym and changed my work hours around so myself and a couple of the ladies form work take a longer lunch and go during our lunch hour. I am feeling better already and I just started last Thursday!

My mini-schnauzer Storm was just diaganosed with heart worms. For those of you that are animal lovers you know your animals are like another member of your family. They think we caught it early on so he goes for his first treatment on Wednesday. I don't know what I would do if he didn't make it! Especially while Brian is gone...I know it would really upset him and it would be that much more loss for Baylee right now. I know they can't live forever but this would be a REALLY bad time for something to happen. Plus, he is only 6 years old. So please pray he pulls through!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My basset had worms and went through some treatment and came out all fine and dandy.

Would you be interested in writing as an author on my weight loss site, The Lighter Side?? All of us there are struggling to lose the weight and could use an extra kick in the butt (and we are willing to kick you in yours!)

The Family Bond said...

good for you in joining the Y...I have lost 10lbs. since i've joined. it just takes persistence, discipline, and committment. But I know you can do it. blog about it as a form of accountability. good luck, HB

The Family Bond said...

PS to my previous comment...I was thinking, Tiff. you should set a weightloss goal (not too high, little at a time so not to set yourself up to fail) by the time your hubby gets back from deployment. your weight loss can be a kinda "gift" to him for his return. The day before he gets home, get your hair done, manicure, pedicure, and buy you new outfit...plan your own "makeover" for your husband's return. just a thought...