Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Ding, Ding, Ding - Round 3

Somebody has so generously brought 2 dozen Krispy Kreme donuts to work for the last 3 days. They are in the kitchen right next to the fridge. That's the 1st place I go when I get here in the morning to put my lunch up. When I first walk in, I instantly think "Yea, someone brought donuts" and then that thought is immediatly followed by "Oh yeah, I can't have that" and then the following conversation ensues in my head while I'm fixing my morning cup of coffee...


Sensible Traci: "Don't even think about it"
Addicted Traci: *thinking about it* "So if it's 300 calories, then half would only be 150, not bad."
Sensible Traci: "You're going to kill 150 calories on 2 bites of a donut?"
Addicted Traci: "You're right, if I'm going to do it, I should just eat the whole thing!"
Sensible Traci: "Snap out of it, you CAN'T have it! Would you rather taste that donut or lose weight?"
Addicted Traci: *big sigh* "Oh all right, I won't have one"
Addicted Traci: *as I leave the kitchen* "Those skinny people just don't know how lucky they are"
Addicted Traci: *as I sit down at my desk* "I feel good that I resisted it, I mean come on, it's just a donut!"

I know it's good when "addicted me" starts talking like "sensible me". That's progress!

The battle of the bulge is not easy, but we can do it ....one donut at a time!!


No comments: