Friday, April 28, 2006

My Little Artist


My daughter is a pretty talented artist - for her age. I am sure she gets it from her great grandmother and not me!! (My mother-in-law published a book - pictured to the left - containing her moms art - much of which hangs in my home! It can be found here.) I am amazed at some of the things she can come up with. She has made some really great drawings. I really should scan them in one day. Late last fall we were at my cousin's house and Baylee picked up her little boy's "magna" doodle and began to draw. Sometimes it is the intensity and concentration more than the picture itself that amazes me when she draws. She is a very special little girl. It has encouraged me to look around for a possible art class she could take...I have a feeling she could be very good. Like I said before it is not so much the art but the concentration, attention to detail and creativity that she comes up with when she draws! If she could draw a picture of me right now it would be one with a huge smile on my face.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! I have a little artist living in my house too--how fun to see what he comes up with. Thanks for your sweet comment at my blog today!

Joe said...

She is so cute girl! By all mwans incourage her! Have a good weekend!

Donnetta said...

Just wanted to drop by and say thanks for stopping by my "quiet corner" AND leaving a comment.

And as for your daughters art... if she enjoys it absolutely you should pursue it. Who knows?...