Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Gym Rat


I am not sure but I think I may be going about this whole "weight loss" thing the wrong way. For years I have focused mainly on what I "eat". I could tell you just about everything to eat or not to eat in order to lose weight. I don't think I particularly "over eat" all that often. I have actually gotten better about making "healthier" choices at meals and eating less food. My problem is the very sedentary lifestyle I live. Don't get me wrong with an 8 year old and as much as we do we go quite often but I don't really spend enough time really exercising. I go enough that my body is used to it. Initially I lost some weight because I changed the way I ate. Now I am not losing because I haven't changed my "exercising" habits. SO hopefully in the next couple of weeks the hubby and I will be joining the gym! We are making it a family "effort" to exercise...gulp...at least 5 days a week and my own personal goal of swimming once a week. (Mainly cause I like to swim!) We will see how it goes. I think after I start seeing results I will really get into the whole exercise thing!!

No comments: