Monday, April 17, 2006

I'm stuck...


or in fancy diet terms, I have plateau’d . When I first began writing this post, I decided to begin by finding articles on the subject, so that I could figure out why I am stuck. Once I began reading, the answer was very obvious … I haven’t plateau! I’m just not doing what I was doing in the beginning when the weight went quickly. I’ve had myself believing I was doing well, and although I have been doing better than I was 6 months ago, I’m not doing as well as I was in the beginning. When I first begin I was...

…drinking 100oz of water a day; now I’m lucky if I get 50oz
…avoiding caffeine; lately I’ve begin drinking a diet soda everyday and 3 or 4 on the weekends.
…getting no more than 1250 calories a day: I now average about 1600
…walking at least 3 nights a week; I’ve only been 3 times in the last 2 weeks

So, this weeks goal are to get 100oz of water everyday, avoid diet soda, stay under 1200 and walk, walk, walk. I’m also planning to try Curves this week. The articles I read said that if you aren’t building muscle as you diet, then you are losing muscle along with the fat and that slows down your metabolism. So I’m hoping Curves will help me in that area.

Think you have hit a plateau? Take a step back and reevaluate what you are doing, it may just be a slacker disguised as a plateau.

No comments: