Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Switchin' it up

So, I have been doing the counting calories thing for quite sometime and I have to be honest....I'm tired of counting!! It has been a really good experience though. I have a much better understanding of what I am eating and I realize how many calories are in some foods that I would have thought otherwise. If you haven't even counted calories, I would highly recommend doing it for a month...it is very eye opening. So I've decided it's time to switch things up.
A friend of mine recently joined a certain weight loss program. Well she shared the info with me and I'm going to try it out. It is very similar to another weight loss program that I did a few years ago. It was great and I lost about 15 lbs in a month... it was just way to expensive. Anyway, the program is a balanced mix of carbs and proteins and you use store bought food. They do recommend their drink supplements. The other program also had drinks supplements. The nutritional content of both are almost identical to these, so I am going to order me a few boxes. These are much cheaper than the ones at the facility. I can't really start until I go grocery shopping, so I plan to begin this coming Sunday. As for my current program....I guess I'm really not on one. I'm just trying to watch what I eat. I weighed this morning and I'm still right where I was last week.

1 comment:

Tiff said...

Good for you! Yes sometimes you need a change just to know that you aren't going crazy! Ha! It gets boring sticking to the same old thing every day! I think that is why alot of people get tired of dieting...they just get "burnt out".