Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Brian MIA: Not So Funny

Well I have been told by about 5 or 6 people in the past week how funny I am or how they like the "funny stuff" on the site.....well today I am not so funny. I am somewhat of a "Gloomy Gus"! The past two days have been two of the most emotionally draining days I have had in years. I won't get into ALL of it right now but basically it started out with me thinking I was going to be with my husband for a couple of hours why he swears in and finishes up paperwork. It ended up that I was with him most of the day (which actually consisted of me mostly sitting in a waiting room) and then Baylee and I got to eat dinner with Brian and walk him to his hotel room. He was devastated because he had to tell her good bye. No sooner did we get in the car did she ask about him. She slept with a bear that he gave her for Valentine's day and hugged/kissed it and said, "Good Night, Daddy. I love you." Of course, that got the tears rolling with me and when I told Brian about it this morning he had a few tears. We had about 22 phone calls yesterday but Brian would not let me answer the phone. We were both in the mood that yesterday and this morning we needed it to be about "us". We have been so busy doing stuff we forgot about "us" and he was really starting to feel the pressure of having to leave so he felt it was best not to add anymore stress. I REALLY APPRECIATE EVERYONE who was checking on Baylee and I. Brian really appreciates everyone that was trying to wish him well. I have seen the website and seen all of my emails but to be honest could not really respond at the moment. I am at least trying to hold it together while I am at work! His flight is in "transit" right now and he should arrive in North Carolina around 3:00. I know he will at least get to call me from Philadelphia when he gets there. I will give everyone an update when he gets there.I am so proud of him and I know he will do great I already miss him though! So in saying that.....I think I am just going to pout for the rest of the day....not because I am not happy for him BUT because I am sad for me!

No comments: