Friday, January 27, 2012

My First NSV's!!!!

For those of you that don't know...NSV is a weight loss term...I believe coined from Weight Watcher members which means "Non-Scale Victory". A NSV is something that happens during weight loss that you notice different and/or above & beyond what you notice on the scale.

I had mentioned before that I had a few things good happen to me...such as the breathing better, feeling better, etc. The first week I was on the diet my friend's daughter told her mom, "Mrs. Tiffany looks like she lost some weight." My daughter has said the same and I just chalked it up to they knew I was dieting so didn't say much about it.

This week I had a pair of jeans that was so loose I could take off without even buttoning; however, those jeans have always fit me loose because of the material of them so thought okay well maybe I am just "making" it seem greater than it really is.

Last night I had to change out of my clinical clothes to regular clothes to go to bunco. I decided to put on a pair of my jeans I haven't worn too recently. They have a "inner button" and then the regular button. Last time I wore them I had to lay on the bed to button the inner button, they were tight, miserable and I could only wear certain shirts with them that wouldn't show my fat rolls so bad!

Weeelllll...I went over to my closet, pulled them out and THEN...pulled them right up easy breezy without any of the twisting & turning...DRUMROLL.........I then was able to button BOTH buttons without a struggle AT ALL! Once I got them on they were just lose enough to pull up and hide my top fat roll. Don't get me wrong they weren't what you would consider "loose" by any means but the most important thing is they FIT!!!! Second, my friends mom was at bunco who had not seen me in awhile & had no idea I was dieting and she said I looked like I lost weight!!! I was so excited I had to get up and hug her.

This week my husband, out of nowhere, driving down the road puts his hand on my should and says he is proud of me for working so hard and sticking to it, etc.

It is these kinds of things and just the little results that help me keep going even though I sometimes want to quit! Just last night I had a dream I cheated and I was devastated so I WILL NOT be doing that anytime soon!!!!!

**UPDATE** So after I typed this I was kind of being lazy around the house waiting on my husband to come home from work. When I heard the door open I jumped up to go say hello...I just had on a t-shirt (no pants) since I was about to shower and he says...the person that never notices anything...your legs look like they have gotten smaller. Yay!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!