Monday, January 16, 2012

Prayerfully Losing

WOW...it has been four years since we have used this site! To make matters worse...I haven't even lost/maintained in that time. I have actually PUT ON weight since the very first time we ever posted on this site. I am the biggest I have ever been and when I did my virtual model this morning it wouldn't even go UP to my weight. It is sad, really. I don't know why I just can't manage to lose weight BUT what I do know is it is now time. I have four good motivations this year though:

  1. We are going on our first cruise in May. I want to look better, feel better and most of all be happy to take photos at all the fun places we go!
  2. Brian's college graduation will be late this summer and I don't want to be the "fat" wife. These are photos to keep forever in remembrance of a great day and I don't want to "hate" looking at myself.
  3. My 15 year reunion! I was the "fat" fun & friendly girl at our 10 year reunion and could not find a THING to wear. I want to be able to be cute this time around!
  4. My college graduation! I don't want to look like I am wearing a "moomoo" in my graduation cap & gown!

So what am I doing you ask? Well I know some people will turn their nose up at this but this is important to me. I am one of those people that has to see numbers to keep me motivated. I think in a long time the greatest amount of weight I have lost is maybe 20lbs. (Not sure about this tho...will have to look through old post!) I have worked with attorneys who did the liquid diet thing through a local hospital. I have a friend who has done the Optifast diet. Well I decided I am going along these same lines. I am doing a liquid diet (Brian will monitor my BP, etc. at home.) for the next month. I am going to make sure I meet adequate calories, drink plenty of water and take my vitamins. I am going to get in a gallon of water daily as well as a minimum of 30 minutes of exercise.

After the 30 days, you slowly add in "healthy" foods. I am so embarrassed after weighing this morning that I decided I am not sharing my starting weight with anyone until after my four weeks is up. So on February 13th...I will post my starting weight and my weight after the four weeks. Good or bad...I will post both numbers.

I also put a water tracker on my phone (not getting enough liquids each day is a huge downfall for me!) as well as downloaded a blogger link so I have no excuse to not blog because I can do it straight from my phone! I will now put in my very first virtual model which is not actually my very first starting weight because it won't go that high! I will also try to find some fairly recent starting photos.

Update:

I remembered two other things I want to lose for other than the obvious of being healthy & the things listed above! One is that my friends got a boat late last summer and we will be out on it more and I want to be comfortable when I am out there! Also, our family always goes to the lake in the summer and I want to be ready!






No comments: