Monday, September 25, 2006

Meds Update Part II

I won’t get into all the ends and outs of my Dr. appointment, way too much to write, but I’ll give you the part that pertains to weight. First of all, she said that she did not believe that the Phentermine caused the murmur, but that it’s possible that it made the murmur, that was likely already there, more noticeable and pronounced. So if the Phentermine isn’t causing you any symptoms then I would continue taking it. I would if I could. Instead she put me on Wellbutrin. It’s actually a depression and anxiety medication, but one of the side effects is weight loss. Usually I dread the side effects of medication, but this one I like! She said that people taking it, that are not trying to lose weight, lose about 15 lbs a year and those that eat right and exercise while on it, can lose about 2 lbs per week. She also said that anyone that’s married and/or has kid’s experiences depression and anxiety at some point, so it will help with my stress level as well. She said it was great for emotional eaters…ME. I’ve been taking it for 3 days and I can really tell a difference. I don’t get hungry as often and I’ve noticed I haven’t been snacking between meals. I don’t even think about it. It’s strange. The best part of it is that I’m not all jittery and buzzed like I am when I’m taking the Phen. I’ll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Tiff said...

So are you still taking this? How does it make you feel?