Saturday, December 17, 2005

Just relax!

I really haven't felt like eating today. Nothing sounds good. I ate cereal for lunch. I couldn't even eat all of it and it was one tiny serving. I did realize that I used to eat about 4 -5 servings when I would eat cereal. Crazy!! I'm feeling pretty tired today. That may be because I went to bed at 2 and got up at 7 (thanks to Mom's dog -we are dogsitting while they are in MS) Anyway, I am very ansy today. I'm tired, yet I can't sit still. I'm sure that has a little to do with the Adipex. I feel like I need to be doing something and there is plenty to be done, but I'm having trouble getting started on anything, so I came in here and finished yesterday's post and caught up on some emails. I'm done now and trying to decide what to do next...clean out dishwasher, fold clothes, or crash on the couch while Brayden is watching the grinch. That's what my body wants to do, but my mind won't let me. It's says I need to be getting things done. Like these things can't wait until tomorrow or even the next day??? Why can't I allow myself to be lazy. I've become that way over the last few years. I used to have no problem with laying around all day, but now I feel incredibly guilty. Bobby doesn't make me feel that way, he is always telling me just to sit down and relax. I wonder where the guilt comes from. I know that I deserve to be lazy every now then, but I just can't do it without feeling bad. I think part of it is the weight. Overweight people are stereotyped as being lazy people and maybe I just don't want anyone thinking I am. It's not like anyone is watching me though... hmm it will be interesting to see if I find it easier to allow myself to relax once I lose the weight. Well I'm gonna go and see what I can find to do. I'll update you later tonight...

1 comment:

Tiff said...

Good point. I think people way too often thing just because you are overweight you are lazy but you know I have my moments WHEN I am actually home that I do want to just sit but we go so much that I KNOW I am not lazy or I would ALWAYS be at home on the couch!