Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Oh the joys of Christmas......food

One of the things I have always loved about Christmas is the food! This time around it's a little different. I wish we could just leave the food part out. This is a perfect time however to test my self control. We are having a huge food day Christmas celebration at work today. Saturday we are having all of Bobby's family over and doing finger foods (our weakness!) and then mom has decided to skip Christmas "dinner" and we are just having a huge array of ......yes again FINGER FOOD! The thing with this type of food is that you really don't realize how much you are eating. You get 1 or 2 little things here and there, not realizing that by now you have consumed a whole cup of Rotel, the equivalent to a small pig in little smokies, a couple of sandwiches (those tiny triangles seem so harmless by themselves), and about 2000 calories worth of sinful desserts. I have pledged to allow myself to eat, but only one trip. It is going to be so hard....but I'm not going to throw away the progress that I have already made. I will probably get close to 2000 calories on those 2 days, but that's still better than the 4-5000 that I probably was consuming in the past.
As for today's shindig, I have eaten a bagel and one sugar cookie. They are bringing in pizza for lunch and I will have one piece of cheese pizza (around 200) and I have to have a small slice of my cheescake. I HAVE to know if it is any good, I have to see if it's worthy cooking again...right?
For dinner tonight, I will be having my weight in water and maybe an apple. Happy Eating!

No comments: