Monday, December 05, 2005

Our Fellow Bloggers & Weekend Things!

First and foremost I would like to mention these two things:

Bombadil & Goldberry have welcomed a precious little bundle of joy into the world! Stop by and see the pictures and wish them luck!!

Sallie one of my dear blog friends has been dealing with a death in her family. Her father passed on so if you know her or would like to send her some encouragement through this time I know she would appreciate it!

Weekend Things

I had a very good weekend! I very rarely get company at my house - I guess because I live so far out or either that the hubby and I usually are the ones that go around and visit. WELL my friend Jessica and her two children came over around 11:00 a.m. on Saturday. We caught up on some DVR'd Oprah shows, some cooking shows and then made lunch. After that we loaded all the kids in the car and went to the grocery store. We went back to my house and I cooked a baked spaghetti recipe that I got from my cousin Traci (which is yummy!). We played some games and watched several movies. All and all it was a great time and I really enjoyed it!!

Sunday my mom came to my house where I reheated the baked spaghetti for lunch. We then went out to do some Christmas shopping and were gone about 6 hours or so! We never do that so my legs were KILLING me when I got home. I tried another new recipe for dinner - which was yummy - moved some furniture around and then went to bed! Over the weekend I talked to my friends Brooke & Carla two or three times and got to visit briefly with one of my neighbors. We have been so busy lately that I felt so out of touch but I am feeling much better now.

This week I have a lot I need to catch up on at work and I have to get ready for a Christmas party that my friend Carla and I are throwing. I am SO excited!

Well that is all of my "ramblings" for now! Hope you all have a good day!

3 comments:

Joe said...

Wow You had a busy weekend! We rarely have guest either! We have tooo manny pets plus we also live out in the country! Anyway home is where the heart is! Have a good one!

Desiree said...

Congrats to Bombadil and Goldberry! I did go look at the photos and express congrats to the couple.

Sorry to heal of Sallies loss.

Good to hear your weekend went well. How fun to have company, hey! WE used to not get much as we were really at the end of the road, but, now where we are situated I do look forward to more company. (we did have some in our first couple months here). Glad to hear your visit was so enjoyable.

I think I tried Tracis recipe - was once posted to your old blog, I think. Is it called "Tracis Awesome Spagetti"? or something like that?

Good that you caught up with your friends - it is something you suddenly notice, I find - that you need to make contact with the friends - and while working and raising kids sometimes way too much time passes and you just KNOW you need to get in touch.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Tiff!! Things have been SO busy around here. I get back on the computer for the first time in what seems like forever and I have tons of blogs to catch up on. I keep track of everything through Bloglines. I had more than 75 new posts to read. Argh!