Monday, January 09, 2006

I think your plan sounds great. I need to start paying more attention to the food groups too. I noticed on my fitday report that I am getting a lot less than the RDA on many vitamins and minerals. I need to start taking a multi-vitamin. Have you taken a look at the new food pyramid. It now bases your pyramid on your age and gender. Here is mine.


As for the water here is my take on it. I think the flavored water counts as far as your bodies hydration needs are concerned, however I don't think it counts towards helping to flush more fat. Fat is expelled through exhaling and urinating. It does make you go to the bathroom more, but your liver is having to filter out the artificial flavorings and colors therefore it's not flushing as much fat as it would be with pure water. But for people who struggle to get there water, I think the flavored water is a good addition. 100 oz from a combination of flavored and pure is better than only being able to get down 60oz of pure water because it is making you go to the bathroom more, therefore probably expelling more fat. However, 100 of pure would be even better. My goal is to get at least 80 of pure water a day.

No comments: