Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Well I tried the Discovery Health thing and I don't like it. You can't choose your foods for the meal planner, it gives you the option of several customized meals. Have you looked at it?? I decided to sign up for fitday.com instead. It's free and you can track your food, activities, water, etc. I really like it. It even lets you do graphs so that you can see your progress. Some of the food I eat isn't listed but I just improvised. For instance the Ragu sauce wasn't on there, so I just used regular spaghetti sauce and adjusted the ounces until the calories equaled what I knew they should be. I figure once the calories are adjusted that the fat, carbs, etc probably end up being pretty close. Even though I am tracking calories, it's good to see the carb and protein intake also. The activity thing is similar to the one on caloriesperhour.com. You enter how much you drove, cooked, worked at a desk etc. It adds all of that up and compares it to what you ate to make sure you are burning more than you eat. It breaks it down to basal, lifestyle and activities. The basal is the resting, the lifestyle is based on your "lifestyle level" you put in your profile (ie: sedentary, active, etc) All of the activities you entered are in the activities category. You should check it out. Seems like it is one of the sites we talked about last time we were trying to lose.

No comments: