Saturday, January 07, 2006

this is an audio post - click to play

That is what I heard when I weighed this morning...

I just weighed in at 213.0 lbs. That's the lowest yet! I know today isn't weigh-in day but I had to weigh this morning because I am starting the detox today. That's the only way I will know if it works. I decided to go with a premixed protein drink. I did a little shopping last night and could only find one protein powder that meets his criteria. It was $39. I'm not spending that much on something that #1 I may not be able to tolerate and #2 I only need for one day....well at least for now. If this goes well, I may do it once a week for a month as he suggests. I didn't realize until I got home that the article says that each 1 oz of powder mix should have 24g of protein. You are supposed to have 6 ounces of MIX, not drink, every 2 hours. Well I only bought enough to have 8 0z of drink every 2 hours (5x total) and it's only 16g of protein for every 8 ounces I drink. I will only get 80 total grams of protein for the day, but after looking at what I have eaten this week, that is more than double what I currently get. So I am just sticking with my own version for today. I will follow to the book for the next two days though. I bought the Slim Fast Low Carb shakes. I will be drinking the equivalent of 4 cans. That's a total of 760 calories, 36 g of fat, 24g carbs minus the 16g of fiber will give me 8 "net carbs", and 80 g of protein. I want to go for 100 ounces of water.

I decided to skip the phentarmine, I just need to press through until 6 pm when I get real food. I should be able to do that without it. Oh yeah Uncle Tom decided to drop by last night, so that will probably make this a little harder, but I'm doing it anyway. No more excuses!!

Later that day.....

Ok, here is an update for Detox day 1. It's 4pm and I've had 3 of the slim fast. I feel really full. It's time for another and I don't really want to drink it. So tonight I'm supposed to have a 3-6 oz piece of lean chicken, fish or beef and 3-6 cups of raw vegetable salad with olive oil! I'm having salmon and steamed broccoli though. I just can't do 3 cups of lettuce with oil. Ok can't really isn't the word, I don't want to. How much different can 3 cups of stemaed broccoli with nothing on it be from raw veggies and oil? So maybe this first day isn't exactly by the books, but I still feel like it's a good first day to the detox. I think this day is mainly to get our body ready for the next 2 days of mostly fruit. I also have some Arbonne colon cleanse. I've taken once before and let's just say that yes I think it cleaned out some areas that had not been cleaned out in a while!! I'll skip the details!! Anyway, I'm going to take one of those before I go to bed too. If you want some, I will mail them to you. I have a huge bottle.

No comments: